Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Alterations Needed: Orange Skirt


I found this skirt at a thrift store for three bucks.  It's extremely long on me and overwhelms my petite figure, as you can see in the following photos.  That being said, the material is very thick and of nice quality.  I also love the orange color and flower pattern. Seeing the potential of clothing is very important as a petite woman, because clothes constantly need to be altered. 


The waist fit me fine, so all I had to do was a simple hem.  The final product:

orange skirt
Top: Forever 21; Skirt: Thrift Store; Necklace: Panama
 The skirt came out a little shorter than I anticipated, but that's the beauty of altering thrift store items...you didn't invest too much money to begin with, so if anything it's a learning experience.  Also, I can throw on some leggings in the fall and use this as a transition piece.  I tried to incorporate little details within this outfit, such as the lace pattern in my skirt and top.  I also did a braided updo with my hair, which is hard to see in the picture below, because I finally concede that my hair is black and NOT dark brown as I have thought all these years.  Crystal you win.




No comments:

Post a Comment